On July 25-26, nearly 240 people representing over 35 children’s hospitals visited federal legislators to share their stories and explain why continued federal funding for the important work children’s hospitals do is so critical. Among our advocates we had 31 All-Stars -- patients from children’s hospitals across the country.
Many of our All-Star advocates and their support teams have blogged about their experiences in Washington, DC, including:
• All-Star Thomas Krilosky mom, Melissa, who was here with Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital
• The team from Children’s Hospital Boston, in DC supporting All-Stars Lily Watson and Kylie Herod, created a special blog just for this event
• Children’s Hospital Boston also wrote a wrap-up post for their main blog, Thrive
• Dayton Children’s All Star Bailey Allen, who chronicled her trip for the hospital’s blog
• The team from LeBonheur Children’s Hospital, who were here supporting All Star Shane Casey, blogged about what it takes to advocate for kids
• Tiffany Casey, Shane’s mom, blogged about their experiences as well
• MUSC Children’s Hospital featured a wrap-up of Chase Ringler’s Family Advocacy Day experience on MUSC's community blog
• Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota published a detailed posting of Ally Gillen's visit to Washington, DC.
Did we miss your blog post? Or have you just not gotten to writing it yet? Let us know and we’ll add your story right away!